To learn more about our services and what we can do for you, or to make an appointment, call us today!
About Dr. Michael T. Montgomery, DDS
Since 1995, Dr. Montgomery has maintained a professional private practice focusing on the diagnosis and treatment of TMD, Facial Pain, and Sleep Apnea/Snoring. While in academics, he devoted a significant portion of his time to directing and teaching in the Facial Pain Clinics of several universities and received numerous teaching awards.
He has lectured locally, nationally, and internationally to students, graduate students, and practitioners on a variety of subjects, including facial pain, medically compromised patients, pharmacosedation, and hospital dentistry.
In addition, Dr. Montgomery has conducted numerous clinical research trials utilizing private, state, and federal grant funding. Most of the research has focused on TMD. He has published over 75 journal articles and abstracts, 7 book chapters, and co-edited two textbooks.
He is a member and Fellow, as well as a recognized specialist, in the American Academy of Orofacial Pain, a Diplomat of the American Board of Orofacial Pain, and a former Fellow in the American Association of Hospital Dentistry.
A full copy of Dr. Montgomery's Curriculum Vitae is available upon request.
Dr. Montgomery was born in Virginia and a synopsis of his education includes:
- 1974, Graduated from the University of Virginia
- 1979, Graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University School of Dentistry
- 1980-81, Completed two postdoctoral general dentistry training programs (AEGD and GPR programs) and received certificates from the Eastman Dental Center and the Genesee Hospital in Rochester, New York
Upon completing his education, Dr. Montgomery taught full-time for 14 years directing General Practice Residency Programs (GPR) and teaching in Facial Pain Clinics. The first three years, he was an Assistant Professor at West Virginia University (WVU) and the last 11 years, he was a tenured Associate Professor at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (UTHSCSA).
- 1981-1983, Directed the GPR in Morgantown, West Virginia (WVU)
- 1983-1984, Directed the GPR program in Charleston, West Virginia at the Charleston Area Medical Center (WVU)
- 1984-1995, Directed the GPR Program and served as Chairman of Hospital Dentistry in San Antonio, Texas (UTHSCSA)